We collect and use personal information from and about you
Candor and the companies we hire to help us run our business may collect, get, and use the following types of personal information:
• Contact Information: We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, social network details, and phone number.
• Registration and Account Information: We may collect display name, reminder questions and answers, and communications preferences. You may also provide other optional information, such as a profile avatar, and general location.
• Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information such as your gender.
• Internet and Network Activity Information: We collect information about your use of the Service, such as frequency of use, engagement with particular features, and which sections of the Service are visited most. We may also collect information about the browser you are using, your IP address, and device identifiers.
• Location Information: We collect information about your general location, using your zip code or postcode and IP address.
• Information from your device’s contacts: If you agree to give us access to your device’s contacts/phonebook, we collect information about your contacts including your contacts’ names and phone numbers.
• Inferences: Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we may draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, attitudes, and interests.
• Information when you communicate with us: We may send push notifications to your mobile device if they are enabled, or text messages with your consent, to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Service-related information.
• Other Personal Information Consumers Voluntarily Choose to Provide: We collect information such as your posts, photos and other submissions to our Service, including our mobile application which is intended to facilitate the creation of publicly available information and content. Remember, depending on your settings, your information and/or content you submit through our mobile application may be publicly available so you should always be mindful of the information/content you are providing.
We use personal information as described here
We use these categories of personal information for the following purposes:
• We use your information for marketing purposes. We use your personal information to provide personalized online advertising on the Service and to facilitate the transmission of information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
• We use your information to enhance your user experience and to make connections to other users. We use your contact information, and, if you give us access, information from your device’s contacts/phonebook, to match friends and to suggest connections to other users of the Service who you already know, or who you have a connection with outside of the Service.
We collect personal information about you from various sources
We collect personal information about you from various sources, both directly and indirectly. We collect these categories of personal information from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you: We collect Contact Information if you sign up for our newsletter or contact us. We also collect any personal information you provide if you make a request or complete a survey.
• From your devices: We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about you (including Internet and Network Activity, and Location). We collect this information when you interact with our websites, our ads, and our emails that we or our vendors send to you. We may have third parties collect personal information on our behalf in this way, too.
• From vendors we hire to work on our behalf: Vendors that host or maintain our websites and send promotional emails for us may give us Contact Information and Internet and Network Activity Information. Our marketing agencies, advertising technology vendors, and analytics providers may provide us with Contact Information, Internet and Network Activity Information, and Location Information.
We share certain personal information
We share these categories of personal information under the following circumstances:
• With vendors who perform services on our behalf: We may share each category of personal information with vendors who send emails for us, help us manage and operate our sites, fulfill purchases, provide advertising or marketing services, provide analytics and search engine support, track advertising impressions, investigate and prevent data incidents, audit our business and financial statements, provide legal advice, and place our advertisements on other platforms.
• With social media platforms and third parties you interact with on the Service: The Service may contain plug-ins from third party platforms that allow you to like and share content from the Service. The Services may also allow you to sign-into your account using your login and password from other platforms. When you interact with these platforms on our Service, those third parties will collect personal information from you.
• With our business partners and marketing companies: We might share Contact Information, Inferences, and Location Information with our distributors and dealers. We may also share the above categories of personal information with companies that help us with our marketing efforts, including social media platforms, advertising networks, and ad tech companies.
• If we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves, our customers, and others, we may share any or all categories of personal information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share this personal information if a government agency or investigative body requests it. This includes sharing your information with the US government. We might share your personal information in order to enforce our agreements and protect the rights of others. We might share your personal information when we are investigating potential fraud.
• With a successor to all or part of our business: If part of our business is sold, we may include user information as part of that transaction, which may include some or all categories of your personal information. We may also share your personal information if there is a similar change to our corporate structure. We may also share your information with others as they conduct diligence of our corporate changes.
• For other reasons we may disclose to you: We may share your personal information for other reasons we may disclose to you.
Candor takes the security of your personal information and conversations very seriously. We use state-of-the-art encryption techniques to protect user data and conversations. Our servers are protected by multiple layers of security to prevent unauthorized access. If there is a security breach, Candor will let affected users know as soon as possible and do everything it can to fix the problem.
Deleting Personal Information:
Users can delete their Candor account at any time. Once an account is deleted, all of the personal information and conversations that went with it will be removed from our servers for good.
Changes to this Policy: